Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ease up a little, mama...

Alright...so the word "simple" is definitely not the one that I'd choose to describe anatomy and physiology. It's effing hard, people...but I really am doing my best to take it all one step at a time, while keeping my potential panic attacks at bay. It's a lot to absorb and some nights it just makes me straight up bitchy, but Evan is a trooper and is rolling with me like he always does. He pours my coffee in the "Don't Stop Believing" mug, every morning. Good man. I adore the guy...I really do. And my little guys...they inspire me.

86 yo...and that's a good solid B+. I'm not gonna lie...I wanted to, at least, hit 90 but four points away isn't really all that bad. I'm cutting myself some slack, considering that this is the first quiz I've taken in 20 years...and I'll throw in the full time mama, wife, 40 hour a week job as a reminder...just for good measure. Not bad Jenny girl...not bad at all.

Miles, on the other hand, is an academic powerhouse this year. High honors twice. I NEVER brought home a report card like that. The kid has a serious case of responsibility and self discipline and I can only hope that it'll rub off on me.

And this little skeeter is battling a wicked cold...last night was ugly. No sleep for mama and Sam. He was still bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning though. Me...not so much. Two cups of coffee helped.

Even when he's sick, he's still the happiest little guy I know.

Sammy did a little coloring while I made a and p flashcards.

Study sesh with the Skeeter...

...and Kiko.

BK drive thru and the car wash makes Sammy really happy.

And off we go, bright and shiny. This shot makes it look like it's winter here but it's really not and I find that totally creepy. How about a little snow already!

Finishing off a low key day with a vapor bath and, as always, a smile.

My cinematic motivator for the day. I am completely overwhelmed with school right now and I'm trying so hard to keep this all in perspective...focus on my end goal...helping people through physical therapy. This movie is amazing and at the end, they show clips of children and adults who are handi-capable or who have lost limbs, swimming with this incredible little dolphin. It makes me cry every time and inspires me. Super sappy...it is...I know, but it's good to find little reminders and encouragement in unexpected places.

Back to work.
Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! You got this, Mama. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mama! It was a good week...and now on to the next challenge! Xo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very welcome indeed.