Sunday, January 29, 2012

Early bird...

So this little country mouse is currently hanging out in the big apple...work trip...and I've been up since 4:30 am. I'm not all that surprised...I don't sleep well when I'm away from home and my men, which isn't very often, so I'll rally. I'm definitely a fan of NYC. It's loads of fun to visit (especially with my mom) and I am always overwhelmed with the big-ness...and reminded that I am a small town gal at heart and always will be. I'm soaking it all in, but will be looking forward to hopping on the train that's headed for home this afternoon. Below...some snaps of the week in review.

Monday was my first day of school. I found this full coffee mug waiting for me when I headed out to work and Evan must have told me half a dozen times, how proud he is of me. I married an amazing man.

My Monday night class was good...surreal is actually the best word to describe it though. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't flash back to feeling like the awkward dork that I was 20 years ago in college. And there were several moments when I was listening to my professor, thinking to myself...no way in hell am I absorbing any of what this guy is saying right now. Wednesday night class was good though. I felt a little more settled and I definitely absorbed. My first quiz is on Monday (Miles finds a great deal of amusement in this)...this class is going to be lots of memorization, but I have already surprised myself with what I've been able to remember.
Go team Jenny!

A snippet of my back to school playlist...there's a lot of Glee involved. Some of these songs pertain directly to my new adventure and some just make me really happy. I'm all about keeping things positive and encouraging and I just know that it's going to be a good day when I walk into work after listening to The Warblers sing Raise Your Glass. I also find extreme motivation in Brittany S Pierce's version of Run The World. Agreed...I am a big Gleek.

My study buddies.

M started skiing last week and let's just say that the kid is hooked. We may very well have created a monster. The other night he was doing homework...he let out a big sigh and said "I just want to go skiing all day, every day and I'm stuck in school". I love that he has found a winter time niche. M has a poker face like no teenager I've ever met and when I see him beaming with a smile that runs from ear to ear after he has been on the slopes, it makes this mama super happy.

Getting ready for a quickie work trip to NYC.

Sammy "helps" with a little kazoo serenade.

Skeeter wants to go to the city too.
Another day, little man.

My "cabin" at the Yotel. It's pretty cool...very Jetson like.

Bathroom area.

The view.

Country gal in the city.

All fancied up for dinner out...aka I put on lipstick.

Good morning great big city!
NY Gift Show hustle and bustle ahead of me today...then home to my loves.
Happy weekend peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome indeed.