Sunday, January 22, 2012

The adventure begins...

Here it comes...the first day of school has finally crept up on me and I am so effing happy that the wait is over. The anticipation has done a number on me. I know that if I can get started and find my groove, I will manage just fine. Bring it on, life in general...I am ready to stretch my comfort zone a bit.

Winter seems to have finally arrived here. It's lovely, sparkly and white out. M just took his first ski lesson today and the kid is killing it on the slopes. He's a natural and I love that he has found a winter activity that he's really into.

The ol' radiator is working overtime at the moment. Hats and mittens, warm and toasty for the next outing.

The homework room has shaped up quite nicely...a little bit of reorganization and furniture swapping and now we have a new area for anyone in this house who needs a quiet spot. I feel like I've been nesting for the past few weeks...getting everything ready. It's all pretty exciting really.

The thinking chair has been with us since Miles was three, thanks to Uncle Chris. This seems to be the perfect spot for it now...a place for skeeter to keep me company while I hit the books.

And so here I go...changing my path with my three little birds by my side...keeping it all as simple as possible.
Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, love the bird tat!! Very cool. And how exciting that school has begun? So very proud of you. I get the shivers (and not in a good way) just thinking about going back. ;) And dude, I gave you an award today on my blog. Come on over and check it out. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady...you are the straight up shizz. Seriously...I am so touched by your kind words, support and the shout out is super sweet! Thank you so much for everything. I have officially completed my first class...it was surreal but good. I had a moment or two of reverting back to feeling like the dork that I was in high school, sitting in a room with a bunch of people I don't know...but that passed. It'll all be good. I'm happy to be moving forward. Thanks again, Janita...you are the sweetest! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not just a shout out - you are now the proud owner of the Liebster Blog award!!! Pass it on, baby...share the love. I also want you to feel the same pain I did of pasting that damn Liebster logo. Do I smell a tat idea?xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am truly honored and if I find three hours to spare between doing laundry and trying to memorize body parts for my first quiz on Monday...I just might take a crack at it! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very welcome indeed.