Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh my heart...

Summer has officially ended and today was it...the first day of Kindergarten! Our baby...my last baby, boarded that big yellow bus without a backward glance. But before I get into that big pile of heartache...lest we not forget the big kid...the teenager...Miles the 8th grader. So handsome.

But he only let me take one picture. WTF? After all of these years, you would think he'd know that it's just better to give up the fight. C'est la vie...I shall continue to hound him...his own personal maternal paparazzi.

And then this little boy...Sammy is an official kindergartener. Look at him...he let me take more than one picture, although he's developing that little "I am so done with the picture taking, Mom" attitude, far too early in my opinion.

My biggest and littlest loves...

A little bit of that "don't take my picture" tude in this one...

Our big boy...such a ham sandwich...

And a special little mention here because she's my mom and I would be lost without her.

Both Miles and Sam are beyond lucky to have a family that love them both so much and Sam in particular was fortunate enough to have been born here, where both our families reside. He has been smothered in love and surrounded by so many wonderful people since the day he joined our family. Tuesday Grandma...you are amazing and you a have a special piece of this little boy's heart, all to yourself. Thank you for all of the Tuesdays. Here's to all of the adventures ahead. xoxo
He's all ready...

A boy and his backpack...
Like I said...not one backward glance...

Stepping off the bus and into his next big adventure...

You are more than ready for this my little skeeter bug. We all love you immeasurably...spread those little wings and fly!












No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome indeed.