Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just what I needed...

I'm a collection girl for a funky little company and I love it. I know, right? Collecting money...blah...where's the fun there...but it's more about where I work. It's an ordinary job in an extraordinary environment...and I'm not your typical collection girl either. I'm a firm believer in that whole "you get more bees with honey" school of thought, and that seems to work well with most people. MOST, anyway. On occasion I lock horns with an a-hole or two and today, brought with it one of those moments. They don't happen often but when they do, I hate it and it makes me feel just plain shitty. But all that I need to leave that behind is this...

My sweet little skeeter who never fails to greet me with a huge smile, hug and "Mommy you're here!!!" when I pick him up at the end of the day.

And then of course, a side of this also does the trick...


My big kid, who is actually spending the week with his dad, but who called while I was sitting here writing...just to say hello. Ahhh...my heart.

And then bringing my day full circle with this...

He's adorable...what can I say...kind, sweet, funny, loving, passionate...and he's a chef. I am a lucky girl.

Top that off with three seriously creative lego creations now sitting on my night stand (wait...it's four now, and I've just been informed that number five is being built) some good comfort food (pasta in this house) and a frosty mango, lime summery drink...my cup runneth over.

What bad day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome indeed.