Thursday, February 7, 2013

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time. That's my new mantra. This day has the potential to become one big, spiraling, panic inducing, clustercuss. I made lunches at 1 am, studied medical terminology until 2, squeezed in a teeny bit of shut-eye, took my med term quiz at 6, woke Miles up at 6:30, accidentally spilled coffee on his rug, made scones at 6:45, read a book with Sam at 7, showered, dressed, banged my knee on the coffee table as I ran through the living room, and rolled into work at 8. That's just the tip of the iceberg. I am exhausted and in PMS overdrive, so here's how I'm going to play it...

War paint...check.

Theme song playing on continuous loop in my head all day long...check.
I am going to kick this day in the ass...one bite at a time.
If I can stay awake.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful red lips, Jenny V! War paint has a way of making shitty mornings better. ;) Did I ever tell you I spilled coffee and egg salad all over my keyboard one morning? The letters "d" and "s" still stick a little. In no time, they'll likely be throwing off some odour as well. Hang in there, Mama. You're getting out there and showing up for the game. That's all that counts. Janita xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there lady...sounds like you've been slogging through the shit, just like me! Coffee and egg salad, huh? Nice. Sometimes life is just beyond comical...and exhausting...just mind numbingly exhausting. We make our way though, don't we. You keep fighting the good fight...I think of you often. Just read your latest...loved it so much! Take care, mama!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very welcome indeed.