Saturday, September 15, 2012

And so it begins again...

I am elated, empowered, excited...and all of those other wonderfully positive E words that I've been throwing down around these parts, as of late. School is in and here I sit making flashcards and cramming all sorts of fun anatomy & physiology facts into my cluttered little cortex. I feel amazing because this it it...one full year until I officially dive head first, full time into school and actively changing my path. It's time to plan, simplify and prepare. It's both scary and invigorating at the same time...insert roller coaster metaphor here. And I've never been a fan of them really...they scare the shit out of me. Just the thought of a roller coaster makes me want to throw up and so does this big adventure at times but over all, I am powering through the fear (and nausea) and reminding myself that I am going to kill it in school...or at least I'm going to try! A few snaps below of the end of summer and early fall...

15

Lunch at "Daddy's workshop"

My lunch date.

The view from our table.

Another lunch date with the bean.

Spiderman eating a Batman pop at the Zucchini Festival.

End of the summer trip to Maine. Beach boys.

He looks so grown up to me.

Sammy has adopted the peace sign pose. I think it suits him.

Skim boarder.

Pool time fun...

...sort of anyway.

Beach love.

Trolley love.

Wee little cleats.

Orange Boy...a super helpful study partner.

Back to my beloved books.

Study pugs...they provide excellent moral support. I think that their snoring is a motivational tool.

The best birthday gift.

Sugar fix.

A homework room with a view.

Well said, Julia!
Happy Fall!

3 comments:

  1. Of course you're going to rock it! Mark my words....you've decided what you want to do, now you're going to get out there and get 'er done!!! HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT?! That's superhero stuff, Jenny V. Oh, and for the record, you have the most beautiful Colgate smile. Like PERFECT teeth. In a beautiful face. Grrrrrr...K, I'm over it. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janita...my faithful cheerleader! Your comments always make me smile. I'm plugging away over here...do you have any idea how many effing bits and pieces a human heart is made up of? It's completely insane! As for my big mouth...these pearly whites are courtesy of two and a half years of braces...lol. :). Hope you're hanging in over there in your neck of the woods! I think of you often. Stay strong, mama! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm hanging in honey...by a hair, but hanging in. That's all that counts, right? ;)

    Told Jack today that the human heart is the size of your fist. So he made us all hold our hands in fists...he proceeded to laugh at James, cause his heart must be so tiny, then he informed me that Daddy must have the biggest heart in the family. I of course, called immediate bullshit and deemed lesson over for the night. Goodnight, warrior princess. Battle on. xo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very welcome indeed.