Monday, October 17, 2011

City mouse...

Last spring, my mom and I conspired to give our little country mouse his very first taste of the big city. Miles has been to NYC a handful of times but it has been a while, so we decided on a day trip for this fall. Yesterday, very early morning, we all rose and hopped the train for a day of adventure. It's funny...somehow I really expected that Sammy would be awestruck by the size of New York. I pictured his eyes growing wide and his little chin dropping as we stepped off of the train into Grand Central, but he walked right into our day with all of the comfort and ease that he shows in just about any situation that comes his way. It was pretty amazing really. Needless to say, we had a blast. I have two really awesome boys...they're easy going, funny, observant and sweet. They look after each other and I love that. Not once did either of them complain about blocks and blocks of walking. It was a very good day...some snaps below.

Waiting patiently for Tuesday Grandma and Louie to pick us up.

A bright, sunny morning on the train.

Conspiring perhaps?

When I was little, I always thought that my mom was the most beautiful woman in the world.
And I still do.

He had this sweet little smile on his face for at least the first half hour of the train ride.

My littlest love and I.

Our first stop...the kid can't ever pass up a soft pretzel. And apparently pretzel/hot dog vendors love Sam. We seriously passed at least three of them that shook his hand, gave high fives and one even gave him a free bottle of water because I guess he looked thirsty?

Miles went for a good 'ol NYC dog.

M just saw Ghostbusters for the first time, so we couldn't pass up a shot of the library.

Sam was completely preoccupied by every fire hydrant we passed. Yeah...I don't know either.

It looks like they're peeing here but they're really just investigating a giant hole.

Sam at the park.

M at the park.

Who can pass up Mickey and Minnie?

Buzz was his favorite though. Pretty much anyone dressed as a Disney Character was stoked to see us heading their way that day.

Why yes...actually I am.

These guys were amazing...we took a cd home with us.

Sammy soaking up the music.

A tip for the guys.

Teenager in the city.

Tuesday Grandma and Louie

Times Square

Three of my absolute favorites!

525,600 minutes...

I didn't even notice the sign behind him when I took this, but smile he did...that is until he took a header about three seconds after we left the store and his M&M's scattered all over the sidewalk. M&M store...take two!

Our final stop...the Nintendo store. All sorts of fun here!

A big day of walking...and really, not one complaint.

Back on the train and headed home. A very good day, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome indeed.