Saturday, September 24, 2011

From Sunday to Saturday in record time...

This entire week is one big fat blur. It has been full, chaotic and jam packed with some really fun moments. It was back to school night at M's school on Wednesday night and then Sammy's on Thursday. The high school visit was a just for parents type of thing. Miles was up for the challenge of babysitting his crazy little brother and I did my best to prep the little guy for being on his best behavior...listening doesn't always come easy to our skeeter bug. I left behind my trusty iPad...just in case M needed a little help (Skeeter loves those Angry Birds)...hence the lack of high school pics in this post. It's definitely worth noting that M has some stellar teachers this year. His Spanish teacher rocks...a guy who seems to teach outside the box and I love that. I want to see this kid off on a trip to Spain someday! And really...they're all great...we are remarkably lucky to have our kids in such an amzing school system. Ev and I chatted about this as we toured Sam's school on Thursday night. There are pros and cons to living in a town as small as ours. At times, I do wish that there was a bit more diversity at school...but I really do love the size, as well as the remarkable teachers who do their best to embrace these kids and all of their differences and quirks. Both Evan and I agreed that for all of the things we might like to do someday...for ourselves individually, as well as for us, as a couple...we are very content to be here for our boys. So thankful that they are getting such a good, solid start.

Ok...I ran slightly off track there...back to school nights...M's was awesome on Wednesday and then it was Sammy's turn the next night only, we all got to go for that. He was so excited about showing us his school and room...I could hear him ask Evan if it was a holiday when he woke up on Thursday morning. I adore the fact that he can find that much joy and excitement in the little things that mean the most to him...I hope that he doesn't lose that, as he grows up. I wish that I could be as happy as this kid is all of the time...it's pretty great all around. So we toured the school in record time...Skeeter was a man on a mission with a list of all the things we just had to see. As he detoured off to the library with his Tuesday Grandma, Evan and I snuck Miles off to see a couple of his former teachers...first and second grade respectively...and although he is a teenager of few words, I could tell that he enjoyed the heck out of that. The looks on his teacher's faces and the "oh my goodness!" and "high school...you can't possibly be in high school!" remarks...he loved it. I think he enjoyed that little walk down memory lane, just as much as we all did. Such a great kid...I can't stress that enough.

So it was an insanely busy week, capped off this weekend by the annual Apple Squeeze festival. You'll see that Sam dressed up for the occasion. It was cloudy, but that didn't keep us from face painting, pony rides, bouncy house, caramel apples and fried dough. Below...some snaps from our very busy week, the squeeze and our three little chrysalides who we eagerly await to see emerge as painted ladies!

Sam leading the way to his classroom.

His butterfly masterpiece.

My favorite work of art.

One super proud kiddo.

Introducing us to "Good Listener Bob.". He's missing an ear...oh the irony.

Giving Tuesday Grandma the skinny on first grade.

Daddy is riveted.

Big brother duty.

A blast from the past.

Getting in some library time with a good pal

...and Tuesday Grandma.

A few of our favorite literary buddies.

A short playground romp before heading home.

Friday morning...my biggest and littlest loves...medium size love, already off to school.

A little cereal before the squeeze.

All dressed up and ready to go...I freakin love when he pulls out the clip on tie/t shirt combo!

Face painting stand, first and foremost.

One happy customer.

Parked by the cannon...

...for a little bit of this loveliness.

Hecks yeah fried dough!

Next stop...bouncy house.

And down he comes.

Gearing up for a little pony ride action.

He had a gigantic smile on his face the entire time.

A little rest in Sammy's favorite red chair...on our way home, caramel apple in hand.

See you next week ladies...we think anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome indeed.