Thursday, September 1, 2011

And off they go again...

First day of school...first and ninth grade, respectively, and I have to say that it was an awesome start. I was a mess when M started kindergarten. He has always been my quiet kid...an old soul really and when he was little, he was pretty much attached to my hip. Sending him off on that first day was tough on both of us...but he rallied. We both did. Sammy on the other hand is a completely different kiddo...super outgoing, adventurous and loud...very very loud. When he started both preschool and kindergarten, he was more than ready and that eased the mama heartache quite a bit. I still cried on both occasions though. But not today...today was just plain exciting...watching my two boys head on to new adventures...one less enthused than the other, but still cool with heading off to begin another year.
And so vacation is officially over and I somehow managed to roll out of bed early enough to make lunches, feed the puggers and kitties, load up Sam's new back pack and bake a batch of back to school scones. I kinda like being the first one up...time to enjoy a quiet house...the calm before the morning storm, if you will. So here's the rundown in pictures of a lovely first day of school. I'd like to note that M totally tolerated his pic like a champ (good man) and Sam threw all sorts of teenager grade "don't take my picture" 'tude my way (too soon for that Skeeter.) It's also worth mentioning that Sam picked this particular outfit because the sneaks are super fast and because "I look awesome in these clothes, mom!". Yes Sammy...yes you do. I adore his self confidence and I hope that he always holds onto it. Happy first day of school out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome indeed.